Whitehorse City Council

Amendment C192

Amendment C192 to the Whitehorse Planning Scheme – Rezoning of 119 Surrey Road and 150-152B Springfield Road, Blackburn

This amendment proposes to:

  • Rezone 119 Surrey Road and 150-152B Springfield Road, Blackburn from the General Residential Zone (Schedule 1) to the Commercial 1 Zone;
  • Apply Design and Development Overlay (Schedule 4) to 119 Surrey Road and 150-152B Springfield Road, Blackburn; and
  • Apply an Environment Audit Overlay to 119 Surrey Road, Blackburn.

Following exhibition of the Amendment in February and March 2017 two submissions were received. At its meeting on 18 April 2017 Council resolved to request the Minister for Planning appoint an Independent Panel to consider the Amendment and the submissions.

On 19 May 2017, Panels Victoria directed that the matter be heard on the papers and written submissions were made by Council and the Amendment proponent. After considering submissions the Panel has now prepared its report and recommendations.  The Panel report can be viewed and downloaded below.

You may inspect the amendment free of charge, at the following locations, or via the links below:

  • During office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Whitehorse City Council, 379-397 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading VIC 3131;
  • During opening hours at Whitehorse City Council Service Centres at Forest Hill and Box Hill and libraries in the City of Whitehorse at Blackburn, Box Hill, Nunawading and Vermont South;
  • At the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website, www.delwp.vic.gov.au.

Amendment C192 documents

If you have any questions about the amendment please contact the Strategic Planning Unit on 9262 6303.



Any personal information you may include in any submission to Council on the Amendment is collected for planning purposes in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The public may view the submissions whilst the Amendment is being considered. In accordance with the “Improving Access to Planning Documents” Practice Note dated December 1999, a copy of your submission may be made available upon request. If you fail to provide this information your comments may not be considered. You may access this information by contacting Council on 9262 6303.