The City of Whitehorse is divided into five wards. Two councillors have been elected to represent each ward. However, all Councillors are responsible for making decisions regarding the whole municipality.
Enter your address in Whitehorse Maps to see your ward and representing councillors.
Springfield Ward was named after an old road which dates back to 1869. The road itself was named after the Springfield Development which was proposed for the area but never proceeded.
Springfield Ward is generally bounded by Canterbury Road, Forest Road, Lake Road, Florence Street, walkway, Central Road, Cromwell Court, Terracotta Drive, Ceylon Street, Whitehorse Road, Peacedale Grove, Jubilee Street, Blackburn/Nunawading Locality Boundary, Luckie Street, Almer Avenue, Nicoll Street, Blackburn North/Nunawading Locality Boundary, Freeway, Springvale Road, rear properties north side of Ashwood Drive, part of Shrewsbury Road and Ferdinand Street, Mitcham Road, Chippewa Avenue, Mullum Mullum Creek, west side of Dampier Grove, and Heatherdale Road to Canterbury Road.
This ward is named after Riversdale Road which dates back to 1850 when a 100 acre lot was opened up in the area.
This ward is generally bounded by east side of Warrigal Road, Canterbury Road, Middleborough Road, Fulton Road, Holland Road, Hawthorn Road, Blackburn Road and north side of Highbury Road.
This ward was named after Henry Elgar, who purchased a large special survey of land in 1841.
Elgar Ward is generally bounded by east side of Jocelyn Avenue, Kinsale Crescent, York Street, Winfield Road, Carrick Street, Wilson Street, Evelina Street, Carlyle Crescent, Windsor Crescent, Kerry Parade, Barloa Road, Alexandra Crescent, Canterbury Road, Middleborough Road and the Koonung Creek.
Morack is a Koori word meaning 'a place of hills'. The local golf course was given this name in 1950 and was later considered an appropriate ward name.
Morack Ward is generally bounded by Canterbury Road, Mahoneys Road, Hawthorn Road and Blackburn Road, north side of Highbury Road, Dandenong Creek, Heatherdale Road to Canterbury Road.
Central Ward was given its name because it includes the geographical centre of the municipality.
It is generally bounded by Middleborough Road, Fulton Road, Holland Road, Hawthorn Road, Mahoneys Road, Canterbury Road, Forest Road, Lake Road, Florence Street, Central Road, rear shops east side Cromwell Court, Terracotta Drive, Ceylon Street, Whitehorse Road, Goodwin Street, Springfield Road, Marchioiri Road, Junction Road, Greenglade Court, Renfrew Street, Belvedere Court, and Freeway to Middleborough Road.
379-397 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, Victoria 3131Australia
Tel: (03) 9262 6333 Fax: (03) 9262 6490Email: email@example.com