Do you know a young person who is passionate about sustainability? Do you have an interesting and creative vegetable or herb garden? Do you know a local business that has gone that extra mile to support the community?
Then nominate yourself, or someone you know, for the 2017 Whitehorse Sustainability Awards, a highlight event of Council’s annual Sustainable Living Week. Nominations are now open and easier than ever.
These important awards recognise and celebrate local residents, businesses and educational institutions for their efforts in sustainable practices, such as reducing energy and water consumption, smarter gardening techniques and showing leadership within the community.
There are more than $3,000 worth of prizes available to help winners continue their sustainability journey, and those who nominate themselves or someone else go into the draw to win a $100 gift card. Nominations close on 1 May, 2017 and winners will be announced at the Whitehorse Sustainability Awards Night on 7 June 2017.
This year we have an online system to nominate. We encourage all nominations to be online, however if this is not possible, there are nomination forms available below to download and print.
Any creative food garden in a residential property that may feature vegetables, herbs, bush foods or fruit or nut trees.
- A garden consultation at your home by Bulleen Art and Garden Nursery, who specialise in edible, indigenous and low water use plants.
- And a membership to Greenlink Box Hill indigenous nursery which includes a $20 plant voucher.
Recognises Whitehorse households (individuals, families and share houses) that live a sustainable lifestyle and/or live in a home with sustainable features.
- $300 Gift Voucher for Organic Angels, a local organic grocery delivery service.
Recognises young Whitehorse residents (25 years old or under) who have undertaken a sustainability initiative, project or activity. This can be as an individual or a group of young people.
- $300 voucher of your choice towards a sustainable purchase.
Recognises Whitehorse educational institutions that have implemented an initiative or activity that has achieved sustainability outcomes. All Whitehorse educational institutions are eligible including child care centres, kindergartens, schools (primary and secondary), Technical and Further Education (TAFE), private colleges and universities. This award is also open to community groups that have implemented an education- focused sustainability project in Whitehorse.
- $1000 funding towards your educational institutions’ sustainability initiative.
Recognises Whitehorse businesses that have improved the life of those who live, work, study or visit Whitehorse, or have positively contributed to the wider community or natural environment.
- Two tickets for the Whitehorse Business Week event of your choice.
- An energy audit of your business to identify potential energy efficiencies (valued at $300).
- And a case study of the winning business in Council’s Down to Business Newsletter and WBiz website.
If you are unable to use the online system to nominate, nomination forms are available to download below:
For more details phone 9262 6159 or email email@example.com.
For more information about winners from previous years, please click on the following PDFs:
379-397 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, Victoria 3131
Tel: (03) 9262 6333 Fax: (03) 9262 6490Email: firstname.lastname@example.org