As part of the annual budget, expenditure related to Council-owned and managed assets is called the Capital Works Program.
The Capital Works Program is made up of infrastructure, property, plant & equipment-related projects.
We prioritise projects based on community need and Council’s Asset Management Strategy.
These projects can be classed as:
- new acquisition
Key Program Highlights
Key highlights of the proposed 2019/2020 Capital Works program include:
- $44 million allocated to Buildings/Building Improvements (including the Nunawading Community Hub project and redevelopment of the Whitehorse Centre)
- $5.1 million allocated to roads
- $5.4 million allocated to Parks, Open Space and Streetscapes
- $3.9 million allocated to Recreational, Leisure and Community Facilities
- $2.9 million allocated to Footpaths and Cycleways
- $1 million allocated to energy efficiency upgrades via an Energy Performance Contract
You can learn more about Capital Works projects in the Adopted Budget.