Whitehorse City Council is redeveloping the popular Morack Public Golf Course and Driving Range into a contemporary community family-friendly facility that provides diverse leisure and social opportunities for golf enthusiasts, mini-golfers and the wider community.
Council is contributing $9.745 million towards this project as a strategic investment in the health and wellbeing of the Whitehorse community.
The redevelopment includes:
- A multipurpose golf pavilion with inside/outside café overlooking the picturesque golf course and bushland surrounds.
- A 25-bay driving range with premium bays for group functions and hospitality services and;
- An 18-hole premium adventure mini-golf facility.
The redevelopment is an outcome of the Morack Public Golf Course Strategic Plan 2016, which identified that the ageing facilities at Morack and the limited social and hospitality offerings do not meet the current needs of existing and new patrons.
Key Stages of the Project
Concept Design and Engagement Process
- Council endorsement of Final Design
- Tender process and appointment of builder
- Construction Works
- Facility Opening
Construction is expected to be completed in late 2023.
Proposed Concept Designs
Council’s proposed design aims to transform Morack into a facility that is:
- more inclusive and inviting for families
- attractive to corporate hospitality
- has modern technology in line with golfing industry trends
- meets the needs of serious golfers and mini-golfers alike.
View the proposed concept designs
February 2022 - Community Engagement
Between 27 September and 25 October 2021, Council conducted a consultation and engagement process to gather feedback from key stakeholders and the wider community about the proposed Morack Public Golf Course redevelopment.
View the Community Engagement Summary Report
Council is currently carefully considering the feedback in conjunction with the project architects and other technical experts. We will liaise with key stakeholders and the community where required to progress key elements of the project, such as the provision of car parking. After consideration of the feedback, we will let the community know how the feedback may have informed any amendments to the proposal.
For more information, read the FAQs
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org