Whitehorse City Council is redeveloping the popular Morack Public Golf Course and Driving Range into a contemporary community family-friendly facility that provides diverse leisure and social opportunities for golf enthusiasts, mini-golfers and the wider community.
|Subscribe to keep updated on Morack Golf redevelopment and services|
Council is contributing $12.11 million towards this project as a strategic investment in the health and wellbeing of the Whitehorse community.
The redevelopment includes:
- A multipurpose golf pavilion with inside/outside café overlooking the picturesque golf course and bushland surrounds.
- A 25-bay driving range with premium bays for group functions and hospitality services and;
- An 18-hole premium adventure mini-golf facility.
The redevelopment is an outcome of the Morack Public Golf Course Strategic Plan 2016, which identified that the ageing facilities at Morack and the limited social and hospitality offerings do not meet the current needs of existing and new patrons.
Key Stages of the Project
Concept Design and Engagement Process
- Council endorsement of Final Design
- Tender process and appointment of builder
- Construction Works
- Facility Opening
Construction is expected to be completed in late 2023.
Council’s design aims to transform Morack into a facility that is:
- More inclusive and inviting for families
- Attractive to corporate hospitality
- Has modern technology in line with golfing industry trends and
- Meets the needs of serious golfers and mini-golfers alike.
View the concept designs
September 2022 – New Operator Announced
Swing Factory has been announced as the new operator at Morack Public Golf Course and Driving Range.
Swing Factory is contributing over $2.5 million to the fit-out of the new multipurpose pavilion and state-of-the-art driving range.
In managing the driving range Swing Factory will introduce advanced ball tracking technology which tracks the speed and trajectory of the golf ball, giving golfers real time graphics on-screen.
Driving range users can also use the technology to play games and virtual golf.
August 2022 – Construction Update
- Early works at Morack Public Golf Course and Driving Range have been completed with trenches dug for power, communications and sewer connections.
- Works have commenced to clear space for the new mini golf area.
- A cut-through from the first to the tenth tee has been created to allow improved access for golfers during works.
- Early September will see the demolition of all existing buildings, to make way for the new multipurpose pavilion.
June 2022 – Construction begins
Council endorsed the final designs for the Morack Public Golf Course redevelopment in April 2022. Following a tender process, a builder was appointed. Construction starts in late June. The Driving Range will be closed from 30 June and temporary buildings will be installed to operate a limited food and beverage outlet and basic club amenity.
February 2022 - Community Engagement
Between 27 September and 25 October 2021, Council conducted a consultation and engagement process to gather feedback from key stakeholders and the wider community about the proposed Morack Public Golf Course redevelopment.
View the Community Engagement Summary Report
Council has responded to community feedback that drainage in parts of the course should be improved with an updated schedule of routine maintenance. Car parking at the redeveloped facility has also been addressed, including the addition of a further 6 places.
For more information, read the FAQs
If you have any questions, email email@example.com