COVID Response: Outdoor Trading Resources

Following is a summary of the documents you may need to apply for your Outdoor Trading Permit.

For more information visit the Outdoor Trading webpage.

Outdoor Trading Permit application

Outdoor Trading Guidelines ( PDF 529.72KB) – this covers how to safely extend your outdoor dining space into neighbouring outdoor areas, and in some cases, parking spaces.

Document checklist to support your application ( PDF 273.83KB) – this list the relevant documents and information you will need to support your application.

Template for consent support letter from neighbouring businesses ( PDF 124.03KB) – this is a template you can send businesses affected by your proposal to seek their support. 

Victorian Government industry restart guidelines – information about density and other restrictions for hospitality businesses

Apply for a grant of up to $5,000 to convert outdoor spaces into hospitality outdoor trading areas, allowing for physical distancing and better flow of patrons.

Apply for a liquor licence – once received, your COVID Response Outdoor Trading Permit will help fast-track your liquor licence for your new or extended outdoor area.

Council road or arterial (main) road

Use the map below to find out if a road is a Council road or arterial (main) road.

  • Zoom (scroll) in on the map to find your address
  • Arterial (main) roads are marked in dark pink 
  • All other roads are Council roads