Resources available for you.
People living in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire will be required to wear a face covering or mask when outside their homes. This rule will take effect from 11:59pm Wednesday 22 July. Find out more.
Council is providing free reusable face masks to vulnerable members of the community. Find out if you or your family members are eligible and submit your request.
We also have information to help you talk to children about face masks to help them get familiar with coverings and seeing us wearing them.
Visit the DHHS website to find out how to make a cloth face mask or view the translated versions below.
Community Support Contacts
There are a variety of services available in our community to help you and your family manage this challenging time.
Please get in contact with the services on the Important Support Contacts page for assistance if required.
Not-for-profit and Community Organisations
Not-for-profit organisations and community groups provide invaluable services to the Whitehorse community, supporting the health and wellbeing of community members through a range of opportunities, activities, supports and services.
We have compiled information, links and support services to assist not-for-profit organisations and incorporated associations.
Resources for Youth in Self-Isolation
Find a variety of free online resources, activities and support options for young people while you are self-isolating at home.
The following websites have useful translated resources:
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Department of Health (Commonwealth)
- SBS coronavirus information in 63 languages
Expert Health Advice
Ways to Stay in Touch with Council During Lockdown Period
Whitehorse City Council has implemented the shut-down of various facilities announced by the Premier, and the advanced social distancing announced by the Prime Minister.
Our priority is the health and safety of our community and staff. Council will play its part in implementing these measures that will slow the spread of the virus.
To stay in touch with Council during our response to the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak:
- Contact Us using our online form
- You can still Pay | Apply | Report online
- Follow us on Facebook @WhitehorseCityCouncil
- Check our website for updates: Latest News and COVID-19 Response
- You can contact us directly by phone on 9262 6333 or email at email@example.com
- You can contact Councillors directly. Their contact details are available at Councillors and Wards page
- National Translation and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- Phone 131 450 and say the name of the language you need
- TIS will connect you with an interpreter
- Ask to speak to Whitehorse City Council (or other government services)
- National Relay Service (quote 9262 6333 for Whitehorse City Council)
- Voice calls: 133 677
- Speak and listen: 1300 555 727
- SMS relay: 0423 677 767
- Internet relay: www.relayservice.gov.au
See a full list of Council closures and amended services
For the latest information, fact sheets, video announcements and media releases regarding COVID-19, visit DHHS Coronavirus webpage.
Watch the video below from Katerina Sioulas, our Senior Environmental Health Officer/Quality Assurance coordinator on good personal hygiene practices during the coronavirus.
For information on food hygiene tips download the flyer: