Whitehorse News - January 2021
Whitehorse summer loving checklist
To help get the word out about the importance of supporting local, we thought we would put together this summer loving checklist to help you make the most of your summer right here in your own backyard.
How many will you tick off before 28 February rolls around?
- Get together with some friends or family and try a restaurant you’ve always wanted to visit or enjoy some outdoor dining to make the most of the balmy evenings
- Swap your regular caffeine fix from hot to cold at one of Whitehorse’s many amazing cafés
- Pick up supplies for a gourmet picnic in the park at a local deli or grocery store.
Many of our parks also have barbecues. If the weather is right and a fire ban isn’t in place, visit your local butcher and grill up a storm. Check out locations.
- Discover one of Whitehorse’s 75+ shopping precincts – you may be surprised what you’ll discover right on your back doorstep.
If the day is mild, challenge yourself to ditch the car and stroll there
- Visit Blackburn Station Village’s new urban picnic park
- Plan a dinner party menu around locally grown produce. Visit a market to get your items
- Try a new local fitness or wellness class
- Nominate your favourite local business on the www.golocalfirst.com.au
More information: Think Local Buy Local