Whitehorse News - March 2021
What do you imagine our community will look, feel and be like? We asked the question, and you answered.
The results from the broad community engagement process are in and this information is being used by our Community Panel to draft the first ever Whitehorse Community Vision. Here is some of the feedback that we have heard.
How we want Whitehorse to be in the future – in one word
Safe, green, sustainable, friendly and community. These were the top five answers from our 1670 respondents.
What we like and value about Whitehorse and our hopes for the future
The community feedback was collated and analysed, with 12 themes for the future of Whitehorse identified:
- Our people and community
- Our natural environment and sustainability
- A safe and clean Whitehorse
- Our neighbourhoods and housing options
- Transport and getting around
- Our local businesses and economy
- Places to connect and learn
- Support to live well
- Places and spaces to be active
- An efficient Council that provides quality services
- Our citizens are involved and engaged
- Respecting our arts, creativityand heritage
The panel, comprising of 47 community members, met twice in February and will meet three more times in March.
The panel members have looked at the results from the consultations, and have heard from industry experts on everything from local economic development, to public health and resilience.
The panel will write the draft Vision in its final session in March, before it is presented to Council.
Did you know? The panel is made up of community members that roughly match the demographic profile of Whitehorse.
You can keep up to date by subscribing to our 2040 e-newsletter.