It is recommended that all students are vaccinated according to the National Immunisation Program.
Year 7 students are offered the human papillomavirus (Gardasil) and diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (Boostrix).
Year 10 students are offered meningococcal ACWY (Nimenrix)
Our immunisation team visits the following schools in Whitehorse:
- Blackburn High School
- Box Hill High School
- Box Hill Senior Secondary College
- Burwood East Special Development School
- Emmaus College
- Forest Hill College
- Kingswood College
- Koonung Secondary College
- Mount Scopus Memorial College
- Mullauna Secondary College
- Nunawading Christian College
- Our Lady of Sion
- Presbyterian Ladies College
- Vermont Secondary College
A record will be issued to each to each student.
If your child missed their vaccination at school you can attend one of council’s public immunisation sessions, or contact your local GP.
For further information about the secondary school immunisations please visit Immune Hero.