Published: Monday 01 Jun 2020
Council will continue to follow directions made under the Victorian State of Emergency, and the expert advice of the Chief Health Officer and DHHS.
The Premier has announced a gradual easing of restrictions in Victoria in relation to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Public playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment and skate parks reopened on 26 May.
Our Aqualink facilities are open for pre-booked swimming sessions. Information on how to book and what to expect is available on aqualink.com.au
Our Maternal Child Health service has been supporting families with new babies and children having their Key Ages and Stages checks. It has now re-commenced in-person Parent Groups, which provide great peer support and friendship for new parents.
Council is gradually opening facilities and services in line with the Victorian Government easing of restrictions, when it is safe, reasonable and practical to do so. We encourage you to check our website where the latest information on facilities’ re-opening will be available.
For more information on the lifting of restrictions visit DHHS website
Changes to Council Services
Any updates about Council services and facilities are provided in line with announcements from the Victorian government.
To stay in touch with Council
- Contact Us using our online form
- You can still Pay | Apply | Report online
- Follow us on Facebook @WhitehorseCityCouncil
- Check our website for updates: Latest News and COVID-19 Response
- You can contact us directly by phone on 9262 6333 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can contact Councillors directly. Their contact details are available at Councillors and Wards page
- National Translation and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- Phone 131 450 and say the name of the language you need
- TIS will connect you with an interpreter
- Ask to speak to Whitehorse City Council (or other government services)
- National Relay Service (quote 9262 6333 for Whitehorse City Council)
- Voice calls: 133 677
- Speak and listen: 1300 555 727
- SMS relay: 0423 677 767
- Internet relay: www.relayservice.gov.au
See a full list of Council closures and amended services
For the latest information, fact sheets, video announcements and media releases regarding COVID-19, visit DHHS Coronavirus webpage.Back to news