Published: Monday 20 Apr 2020
Stay vigilant, stay at home
We are seeing positive results from our collective efforts, and we have reasons for optimism. However, the Premier and Chief Health Officer remind us that this is not the time to become complacent. We must remain vigilant and abide by social distancing rules.
The testing criteria for coronavirus COVID-19 has been updated. Anyone with symptoms (sore throat, cough or fever) can be tested. It is not necessary to have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case or a returned overseas traveller. More details about the coronavirus are on the DHHS website.
Reminders from Council
Stay at home
Remember, with stage three restrictions now in place in Victoria:
If you can stay home, you must stay home
If you’re struggling with the pandemic restrictions, there are some helpful mental health videos and messages on the DHHS website. You can also call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
We have noticed an increase in dumped rubbish across Whitehorse. Please, do the right thing and book a hard rubbish collection, or take your rubbish to the Waste and Recycling Centre, which is still open. Residents are entitled to two free hard rubbish collections per year, and can pay for additional collections. To book your collection, visit the hard waste collection webpage.
While our Customer Service Centres are closed to visitors, we continue to provide services through our website, by telephone and email.
To stay in touch with Council
- Contact Us using our online form
- You can still Pay | Apply | Report online
- Follow us on Facebook @WhitehorseCityCouncil
- Check our website for updates: Latest News and COVID-19 Response
- You can contact us directly by phone on 9262 6333 or email at email@example.com
- You can contact Councillors directly. Their contact details are available at Councillors and Wards page
- National Translation and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- Phone 131 450 and say the name of the language you need
- TIS will connect you with an interpreter
- Ask to speak to Whitehorse City Council (or other government services)
- National Relay Service (quote 9262 6333 for Whitehorse City Council)
- Voice calls: 133 677
- Speak and listen: 1300 555 727
- SMS relay: 0423 677 767
- Internet relay: www.relayservice.gov.au
See a full list of Council closures and amended services
For the latest information, fact sheets, video announcements and media releases regarding COVID-19, visit DHHS Coronavirus webpage.Back to news