Published: Wednesday 08 Jul 2020
Council is following the Directions issued by the Chief Health Officer under the Victorian State of Emergency. The health and wellbeing of our community is our highest priority.
The “Stage 3 - Stay at Home” restrictions have been reintroduced and will come into effect from 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July. Council will close a number of facilities in line with these directions. This includes:
- Aqualink Box Hill and Nunawading
- Whitehorse Manningham Libraries
- Box Hill Town Hall/Artspace
- Box Hill Community Arts Centre
- Whitehorse Centre
A full list of facility closures and up to date information can be found on our service closures page on our website.
We encourage all residents of Whitehorse City Council to comply with the Stay at Home Directions. We should stay at home except for one of these four reasons listed:
- Shopping for essentials
- Provide or receive care
- Work or study if it cannot be done from home
We must all maintain physical distance, stay at home if unwell, get tested if we have any symptoms and wash our hands.
Council will communicate with the community, our clients and our stakeholders regularly.
To stay in touch with Council
- Contact Us using our online form
- You can still Pay | Apply | Report online
- Follow us on Facebook @WhitehorseCityCouncil
- Check our website for updates: Latest News and COVID-19 Response
- You can contact us directly by phone on 9262 6333 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can contact Councillors directly. Their contact details are available at Councillors and Wards page
- National Translation and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- Phone 131 450 and say the name of the language you need
- TIS will connect you with an interpreter
- Ask to speak to Whitehorse City Council (or other government services)
- National Relay Service (quote 9262 6333 for Whitehorse City Council)
- Voice calls: 133 677
- Speak and listen: 1300 555 727
- SMS relay: 0423 677 767
- Internet relay: www.relayservice.gov.au
See a full list of Council closures and amended services
For the latest information, fact sheets, video announcements and media releases regarding COVID-19, visit DHHS Coronavirus webpage.Back to news