Published: Friday 08 May 2020
The Prime Minister is expected to make announcements from the National Cabinet on Friday 8 May. However, any decision to ease restrictions in Victoria will be made by the State Government.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has said he will make announcements about any easing of restrictions on Monday 11 May. Council will respond to those announcements. Our website will have up to date information about decisions to open any facilities or programs.
We are seeing positive results from our collective efforts to stop the spread of the virus. However, the Premier and Chief Health Officer remind us that this is not the time to become complacent. We must remain vigilant and abide by social distancing rules.
The testing criteria for coronavirus COVID-19 has been updated. It is not necessary to have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case or a returned overseas traveller.
If you have any of the following symptoms, even mildly, you should get tested: fever, chills, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, loss of sense of smell, or a runny nose. There are many test sites now. To find your nearest location call the coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
More details about the coronavirus are on the DHHS website.
Whitehorse is Open for Business
Council’s Open for Business Map shows our community which businesses are still operating and details of their current offerings during the COVID-19 pandemic. Keep your eye on the map as we add more business details.
Businesses open in Whitehorse are invited to submit their details via the online form to be included on the map.
Support local businesses and our local economy.
To stay in touch with Council
- Contact Us using our online form
- You can still Pay | Apply | Report online
- Follow us on Facebook @WhitehorseCityCouncil
- Check our website for updates: Latest News and COVID-19 Response
- You can contact us directly by phone on 9262 6333 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can contact Councillors directly. Their contact details are available at Councillors and Wards page
- National Translation and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- Phone 131 450 and say the name of the language you need
- TIS will connect you with an interpreter
- Ask to speak to Whitehorse City Council (or other government services)
- National Relay Service (quote 9262 6333 for Whitehorse City Council)
- Voice calls: 133 677
- Speak and listen: 1300 555 727
- SMS relay: 0423 677 767
- Internet relay: www.relayservice.gov.au