Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions Whitehorse City Council has implemented the shut-down of various facilities announced by the Premier, and the advanced social distancing announced by the Prime Minister.
In accordance with the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Bill 2020 – Amendment of Local Government Act 2020 our Council meetings remain open to the public via Live Stream only, do not attend in person. Meetings can be viewed via Council’s live stream platform.
People should register a submission on any matter they would like to present to Council using the form below.
Members of the public are invited to register a submission on any issue or matter that they would like to present to Council, provided it's not in convention of Councils Meeting Procedures and Common Seal Law.
The Special Committee of Council Meeting held every second *Monday of the month at 7:00pm in the Council Chamber provides for public participation. By registering and completing the online public submission form it will be received and read out during the meeting.
* Where Monday falls on a public holiday the meeting will move to the Tuesday immediately following.
Guidelines for Public Submission
- An online registration form must be completed and submitted
- A maximum 10 submissions are permitted at any meeting
- Registration is determined in order of receipt*
- Each submission is allocated a 3 minute time slot and the submission will be read out by a member of Council staff at the meeting
*Please note that Chairperson retains the right to vary the order where deemed appropriate.
Public Submissions Types
Land Use Planning Matters
- Online submission must be completed by 4:00pm, at least 5 working days prior the Special Committee Meeting
- Person registering the submission must indicated whether they are submitting in support or opposition to the planning permit Application or Planning Scheme Amendment*
*Council officers will contact and invite person/s whose interests are inimical to the submitter, to register by 4:00pm on the day of the meeting.
- Online submission must be received by 4:00pm on the day of the meeting.