Register for the Whitehorse Talent Pool and ensure you are the first to hear about career opportunities at Council. Registering your details for all opportunities allows us to access your job interests at any time and this guarantees you the best possible opportunity to be identified as a potential job candidate for our organisation. Email notifications will be sent to you when positions arise in your areas of interest and expertise.
For further information on the requirement process and completing an application, refer to the Candidate Application Guide ( PDF 391.48KB).
Year 10 Work Experience
Year 10 work experience opportunities may be provided through Aqualink Box Hill, Aqualink Nunawading, Box Hill Community Arts Centre or one of Council’s early learning services. The earlier you enquire about work experience the better; these services are in high demand and placement is not guaranteed to everyone.
To enquire about Year 10 Work Experience at one of these services, students should contact the service directly on the numbers listed below.
|Aqualink Nunawading||9878 4576|
|Aqualink Box Hill||9898 2099|
|Box Hill Community Arts Centre||9895 8888|
|Vermont South Child Care Centre||9887 9489|
|Blackburn Child Care Centre||9878 8510|
|Lucknow Street Child Care Centre||9873 1655|
|Wattle Park Child Care Centre||9808 0361|
Applications for work placements from tertiary students should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org providing as much notice as possible. Your application must include a cover letter detailing your work experience request (must be specific regarding dates, number of hours and department) and a resume.
If you are studying a Certificate course at TAFE and are looking for a placement at one of Council’s early learning services, please contact the service directly on the numbers listed above.
Please note that:
- Placements are only available to students from approved educational institutions (secondary school, TAFE or university)
- Personal injury insurance for the student must be covered by your education provider
- Information obtained while undertaking work experience is deemed confidential and must not be divulged to any other party
- Students undertaking work placement are subject to Council’s Code of Conduct – a copy of this will be provided on your first day
- Due to the large number of requests received, Council is not able to offer a place to all students seeking a placement. It is in the student’s best interest to be approaching a number of alternate organisations whilst the application is being considered.