Planning Your Event

Planning an event in the City of Whitehorse? Council manages an array of parks, halls and function centres which can be used or hired by residents. You will need a permit for any outdoor events or large social gatherings.

If your birthday party, BBQ or picnic has under 100 people but you are planning on having a marquee, a jumping castle, a petting zoo or a food vendor, Council will need to be notified two weeks prior to the date. Social gatherings with up to two contractors/extras can be processed under this category.

Council recommends that party organisers in this category have their own Public Liability Insurance. Please check with your own Home and Contents insurer to see if you are already covered by your policy. Apply online for a Social Gatherings with Extras Permit.

You can also view the venues available for hire at the Halls and Function Centres page and information on when you need a permit for filming and photography can be found at the Filming Applications page.

Find out more about what you need to make your event a success on the Event Permits page