Immunisations for Families Arriving from Overseas

If your child has been vaccinated overseas, Council can assist you in ensuring your child is up to date according to the National Immunisation Program. You are required to provide a copy of the overseas vaccination records formally translated into English.

Your records will be assessed against the National Immunisation Program Schedule and we will work out what vaccines you will require under a catch-up program. If we require further information from you, we will email you to provide further information.

Please note that this process can take up to 15 business days.

Once we complete assessing your child’s records you will receive an email from us to contact us to book into one of our public immunisation sessions where the nurse will explain your required vaccinations.

We will also add your overseas immunisations to the Australian Immunisation Register - Services Australia where you will be able to access the records.

Translation Services

Australian Government Department of Home Affairs 

This service allows holders of certain types of visas to get key personal documents translated for free.
Free Translating Service 

Language Loop

This service is for residents who have been in Australia for more than two years – a fee applies.
Language Loop
9280 1941

For verbal translating and interpreting service call 131 450

Updating Your Vaccinations

If you wish to vaccinate your child through Council’s immunisation service you must:

  1. If your immunisation history is in another language other than English, it will need to be translated prior to submitting.
  2. Report immunisation details via the online form and attach any records you may have
  3. Submit your details

You can also contact your GP for advice about vaccination catch-ups and updating your child’s overseas history to the Australian Immunisation Register.

Adding your overseas COVID-19 vaccinations to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)

If you’ve received an approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna or Novavax vaccine) whilst overseas, you can have it recorded on the AIR when you return to Australia. Contact a recognised vaccination provider to record your overseas vaccinations on AIR.

As Council is not a provider of COVID-19 vaccinations it is unable to provide this service.

For further details visit the Australian Government help adding overseas vaccinations webpage.