Consistent with the instructions of the Prime Minister and Premier, all Neighbourhood Houses and Community Centres have closed for most programs and services.
Several centres are still operating essential services such as occasional care for children. Contact your individual centre for more details.
Neighbourhood Houses bring people together to connect, learn and contribute in their local community through social, educational and recreational activities.
What do Neighbourhood and Community Houses do?
- Provide affordable adult learning opportunities in a supportive, friendly environment
- Offer a broad range of activities to suit all ages - we know you will find something to suit you
- Work in ways to assist people to gain more confidence, personal growth and support in everyday life
- Work together to help make our community stronger and a better place to live
- Promote a sense of belonging, equity, access and community participation for everyone
- Provide a range of opportunities for local people to contribute time and skills in the house in a voluntary capacity