The Whitehorse Community Local Law 2014 ( PDF 280.06KB) plays an important role in helping to improve our neighbourhoods, community safety and ensure local issues are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner.
The purpose of the Council's Community Local Law 2014 ( PDF 280.06KB) in relation to Public Space and Municipal places is to provide for:
- Good government of the municipality
- The safety and health of the municipality so that the community can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations
- Safe and fair use and enjoyment of municipal places
- Protection and enhancement of the amenity and environment of the municipality
- Fair and reasonable use and enjoyment of private land.
This is achieved through uniform and fair administration of the Whitehorse Community Local Law 2014 ( PDF 280.06KB).