Pensioner Concession on Rates and Charges

You may be eligible for a pension concession (rebate) on your rates if you hold one of the following cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card (issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs)
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – War Widow (WW)
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)

Health Care Card holders are not eligible for a concession or rebate on their rates.

Eligible pensioners may receive 50 per cent off their rates to a maximum of $253.20 and $50 off their Fire Services Property Levy.  

Renters can claim this concession if they have entered into an agreement or contract with the landlord to be responsible for the payment of rates.

Ratepayers will be eligible for a concession where:

  • Your concession card must be valid at the time of application
  • You are the person responsible for payment of the account
  • Your name must be on the rate notice

Your name and address on the account must match on the concession card, and the address must be your principle place of residence.

The closing date to apply for a rebate is 30 June 2024.

To apply, complete the Municipal Rates Concession application form ( PDF 179.64KB) and provide it to Council.

You can also visit any of Council’s Service Centres for help with your rebate, or call us on 9262 6333.

If you received a concession last year and your circumstances have not changed, you will automatically receive a concession this year.

If you are no longer eligible for a pensioner concession, download and complete the Pension Rebate Cancellation Form ( PDF 165.85KB), and return it to Council.