Step back in time to enjoy the many hidden treasures that can be found in our municipality. This year, we have reimagined Heritage Week as a one week online celebration of hidden treasures and memories handed down from one generation to the next.
Join us for Heritage Week from Thursday 10 September to discover and enjoy the treasures of Whitehorse.
Find out more information about the online events from the links below.
- Schwerkolt Cottage, Mitcham, built 1884.
- Nunawading Shire Hall, Box Hill (1889) Courtesy of Box Hill Historical Society Inc.
- Box Hill Railway Station (1890) oil on canvas, laid on board MCCUBBIN, Frederick, Australia. 1855-1917. This was gifted to the City of Whitehorse by Louis McCubbin in the early 1950s. City of Whitehorse.
- Box Hill Historical Society Image: World War 2 State Emergency Service Record Card Box Hill Historical Society Inc.
- Surrey Hills Image credit: Simple Pleasures – Deakin and Muir children, Surrey Hill backyard, 1920s. Image courtesy Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Heritage Collection.
- Angela Henricksen, co-founder of Archival Survival.
- Abbey’s Auctions.
- Find My Past.