As part of the annual budget, expenditure related to Council-owned and managed assets is called the Capital Works Program.
The Capital Works Program is made up of infrastructure, property, plant & equipment-related projects.
We prioritise projects based on community need and Council’s Asset Management Strategy.
These projects can be classed as:
- new acquisition
Key Program Highlights
Key highlights of the proposed 2020/21 Capital Works program include:
- $28.57 million allocated to Land, Building and Building Improvements (This includes funding for redevelopments of the Whitehorse Centre, Terrara Park Pavilion, Sparks Reserve West Pavilion and Morack Golf Course Pavilion including new golfing facilities)
- $3.64 million allocated to Plant and Equipment
- $7.07 million allocated to Roads, Bridges and Off Street Car Parks
- $7.19 million allocated to Parks, Open Space and Streetscapes
- $4.54 million allocated to Drainage Improvements and Waste Management
- $3.40 million allocated to Recreational, Leisure and Community Facilities
- $3.59 million allocated to Footpaths and Cycleways
- $1 million allocated to the energy efficiency upgrades via an Energy Performance Contract
You can learn more about Capital Works projects in the Adopted Budget.