Whitehorse Education Assistance Grant supports families experiencing financial hardship in order for young people (aged 10– 25) to remain in education and training.
Community agencies and education/training providers can apply for funding to reimburse expenses incurred to support a young person in education and training.
Parents or students are unable to apply directly for the grant. Funding packages of up to $400 are available per calendar year to eligible students.
The grants can cover:
- Compulsory fees for training and short courses
- Compulsory textbooks, materials, resources, equipment and uniforms not covered by other assistance schemes
- School camps and excursions not covered by other assistance schemes
- IT equipment
- The grants are open to students aged 10-25 who are enrolled in school, further education, training or courses, who live or study in Whitehorse.
- The student must be experiencing financial hardship, evidenced by a low-income health care card (held by either the young person or their parents), which should be verified by the school or community agency applying on their behalf.
- The maximum grant is $400 per student, and each applicant (school or community agency) can apply for a maximum of two grants per funding round.
Download the flyer or application form:
- Whitehorse Education Assistance Grant flyer ( PDF 526.65KB)
- Whitehorse Education Assistance Grants application form ( DOCX 80.63KB)
For more information please contact Lynn Arvanitakis by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0407 157 909.