Cr Andrew Munroe (Mayor)
Cr Munroe was re-elected to Council in October 2020 for his fourth term as a Councillor. Cr Munroe was elected Mayor for 2020/21 and has previously served in the role on two previous occasions, 2012/13 and 2014/15.
A lifelong resident of Whitehorse and the new Cootamundra Ward, Cr Munroe works as Telecommunications Engineer and his area of expertise is in information technology and security.
He is also a founding Director and past Chairman of the Blackburn South Community Bank along with having held a range of executive positions in a number of local community organisations.
Cr Munroe represents Council on the following:
- Municipal Association of Victoria
- Advisory Committee for the review of the Chief Executive Officer’s Development
- Major Projects Councillor Reference Group
- Eastern Region Group
- Whitehorse Matsudo Sister City Councillor Reference Group
- Built Environment Awards
- Whitehorse Community Grants Panel