Cr Mark Lane
Cr Lane lives locally with his wife and family and are all active members of a number of local sporting clubs. He has a degree in applied science, computer science, maths and stats and loves numbers. He also has qualifications in HR, business management and business support (coaching).
Cr Lane is currently a member of the Blackburn South Cricket Club and ACES Netball Club and was previously Deputy Chair and member of the Whitehorse Business Group, Whitehorse Netball, Chair and member of the Whitehorse Community Chest, JCI Eastern (Junior Chamber) and held roles from local chapter president, State President and Australian President. He was awarded Senator of JCI (similar to a life member).
Cr Lane is interested in finding efficiencies in processes and help making things work better and within frameworks. For many years he has led high performing teams in analytics and reporting, with a goal of using data to tell the story for better decision making.
Cr Lane led the building of the outdoor pool at Aqualink Box Hill ahead of schedule, saving the community significant funds. He also advocated for the Healesville Freeway land to be used as open space and lobbied for funding for an upgrade at Sportlink.
Cr Lane represents Council on the following:
- Whitehorse Business Group
- Whitehorse Manningham Regional Library Corporation
- Advisory Committee for the review of the Chief Executive Officer’s Development
- Major Projects Councillor Reference Group
- Whitehorse Sports & Recreation Network
- Whitehorse Matsudo Sister City Councillor Reference Group
- Whitehorse Community Grants Panel