Liquor Licence and Gaming

There are a number of requirements that you must comply with if you intend to sell, serve or enable liquor to be consumed from your business premises.

There are two different approvals that may be required:

If your business includes the sale and/or consumption of liquor or gaming you are likely to need a planning permit. 

A permit is required to use land to sell or consume liquor if any of the following apply:

  • A licence is required under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998.
  • A different licence or category of licence is required from that which is in force.
  • The hours of trading allowed under a licence are to be extended.
  • The number of patrons allowed under a licence is to be increased.
  • The area that liquor is allowed to be consumed or supplied under a licence is to be increased

For further information and exemptions check Clause 52.27 - Licenced Premises, Schedule and Clause 52.28 - Gaming of the Whitehorse Planning Scheme.

If a planning permit is required the following checklist outlines the required documentation to be submitted.

Liquor licence checklist ( PDF 209.36KB)

Wbiz website
Council's business website

Find out about your property zone and overlays

Search the Whitehorse Planning Scheme