Home-based Business

Some businesses may be conducted from your private place of residence without planning approval, however, the Whitehorse Planning Scheme has a number of requirements which need to be met. 

Permits or Registrations You May Need

  • Planning Permit (if requirements in 52.11 are not met)
  • Building Permit (to alter or change the use of an existing building or carry out structural works)
  • Food Act Registration (prepare, handle or store food at home)
  • Health and Beauty Registration (hairdressers, tattooists, beauty therapists)

Check each of the below sections of information to help determine what permits or registrations are required for a home based business

Wbiz website
Council's business website