Council is offering free flu vaccines in 2021 to:
- children aged 6 months to under 5 years old
- adults over 65 years
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- those with certain medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications* and
- pregnant women.
Influenza is a highly contagious virus which spreads easily through droplets in the air from coughing or sneezing and by hands carrying the virus.
As the influenza virus is constantly changing, it is necessary to get vaccinated each year.
Flu session dates
People eligible for a free flu vaccination can attend a Public Immunisation Program session.
Bookings are essential. Call the Environmental Health Unit on 9262 6197 to book.
Dedicated free flu vaccination sessions will be held for children aged 6 months to under 5 years.
If your child is due for other standard vaccinations please attend one of Council’s Public Immunisation Program by calling 9262 6197.
- Cardiac disease
- Chronic respiratory conditions
- Chronic neurological conditions
- Immunocompromising conditions
- Diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- Renal disease
- Haematological disorders
- Long-term aspirin therapy in children aged 6 months to 10 years
Please note Council does not provide the COVID vaccine. Please call the hotline for COVID vaccine information 1800 020 080
There is a minimum 14 day interval required between COVID and the influenza vaccines