Whitehorse City Council is responsible for for ensuring the 600km of local roads, 37km of bike paths and 22km of walking tracks remain safe, functional and well-maintained. This includes road maintenance and educating residents about road safety.
Local, link and collector roads are managed by Council in accordance with Council’s Road Management Plan ( PDF 1.56MB). The plan details the frequency that road assets are inspected and the standards to which they are maintained and repaired.
Arterial roads, highways and freeways are managed by VicRoads.
The Whitehorse Road Register identifies which roads or parts of roads Council is responsible for. The Road Register document is broken up into an Overview schedule and 4 Appendixes. See links below:
- Schedule 1 - Register of Public Road (overview document) ( PDF 242KB)
- Appendix A - Public Road Register – Roads ( PDF 351.27KB)
- Appendix B - Public Road Register – Laneways ( PDF 75.23KB)
- Appendix C - Ancillary Areas – Carparks ( PDF 69.25KB)
- Appendix D - Agreement with Other Authorities/ Municipalities ( PDF 4.31MB)
Road and Footpath Maintenance
Council is responsible for minor repairs and maintenance to local roads around Whitehorse.
You can report road and footpath damage by contacting customer service on (03) 9262 6333 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Council's work to make the road network safer for walkers, riders, drivers and passengers
Roads, Footpaths & Driveways
Find out what permits and approvals you need before starting any works outside a property boundary