Whitehorse City Council is responsible for ensuring 606km of local roads, 27km of bike paths, 79km of walking tracks and 1,174km of footpaths remain safe, functional and well-maintained. This includes road maintenance and educating residents about road safety.
Local, link and collector roads are managed by Council in accordance with Council’s Road Management Plan ( PDF 1.56MB). The plan details the frequency that road assets are inspected and the standards to which they are maintained and repaired.
Arterial roads, highways and freeways are managed by VicRoads.
The Whitehorse Road Register identifies which roads or parts of roads Council is responsible for. The Road Register document is broken up into an Overview schedule and 4 Appendixes. See links below:
- Schedule 1 - Register of Public Road (overview document) ( PDF 258.48KB)
- Appendix A - Public Road Register – Roads ( PDF 352.37KB)
- Appendix B - Public Road Register – Laneways ( PDF 75.43KB)
- Appendix C - Ancillary Areas – Carparks ( PDF 69.93KB)
- Appendix D - Agreement with Other Authorities/ Municipalities ( PDF 4.31MB)
Road and Footpath Maintenance
Council is responsible for minor repairs and maintenance to local roads around Whitehorse.
You can report road and footpath damage by contacting customer service on (03) 9262 6333 or by emailing email@example.com
Learn more about Council's work to make the road network safer for walkers, riders, drivers and passengers
Find out what permits and approvals you need before starting any works outside a property boundary