A Demolition Permit (Report and Consent 29A) is required for any proposed demolition in accordance with Section 29A of the Building Act.
Step 1 - Determine if a Report and Consent 29A is required. This is required:
- If more than half the volume of the building is to be demolished, including demolition works carried out within the previous 3 years.
- If any part of the façade of the building is to be demolished.
- If a building faces 2 streets the demolition of either façade will require a report & consent.
- If a planning permit is required a report and consent is still also required.
Step 2 - Prepare documentation to be submitted
- Obtain a current copy of title, issued within the last 3 months from Landata. Further information to assist in this process is available at Request a Copy of Title.
- Copy of building plans - highlight area to be demolished, if partial demolition taking place
Step 3 - Once you are ready to submit your application lodge and apply online.