Our Early Learning Programs can be tailored to meet your excursion needs.
A selection of these programs are suitable for an Incursion visit from an Environmental Education Officer.
Early Learning Programs
- Exploring the Bush – Using our Bush Senses to explore the bushland environment
- Using our senses (sound, colour, texture, smell)
- Habitats – Where do things live? Who lives where?
- Caring for the bush – Acknowledgement of the Land, caring for our bush
- Minibeasts – What are they and where to find them?
- Seasons – What are the changes that occur in the bush? What effect do the seasons have on the bush?
- Plants - Explore the different types of plants that we may find
- Fungi – Explore the different types of Fungi that we may find (season dependent)
- Birds - Explore the different birds that we may find, how do they communicate (bird calls)
- Nocturnal Animals – What types of animals are active at night?
- Lifecycles – Different life cycles of plants and animals
- Wildflowers (season dependent) –
- Explore the different types of wildflowers that grow in the bush Human Impact on the environment – Including Penny the Picnicker and Litter Avengers
- Water Life – What are some of the animals and plants that live in the water? How are they suited to living there?
- Water Cycle – Explore the water cycle and the effect it has on the bushland and city
Contact Enviro.Ed@Whitehorse.vic.gov.au for further information.