Light emissions can potentially create nuisance conditions.
Council investigates complaints about light and glare from a variety of sources including:
- advertising signs,
- entertainment venues and events,
- Council's parks, properties and streetlights, and
- commercial and private properties (such as flood lights or sensor lights).
When investigating a light complaint, Council will consider:
- the amount and direction of light
- the times, duration and rate of emission
- the light's characteristics and qualities
- impact of the light on health