It's important to put the right items in your bins and ensure they are put out correctly to minimise collection issues.
On Bin Collection Day
- Place bins out the night before your collection day
- Bins should be returned to your property within 24 hours after collection
- Place bins near the kerb with handles away from the road
- Leave 50cm between bins and cars, street lights or other bins
- Bins must not weigh over 70kg each
- Do not over fill bins - lid must be able to be closed
- Do not squash the items in the bin, this can result in the waste being jammed and difficulty emptying
- Place waste inside the bin: extra bags or boxes will not be collected
- Place the bins side by side, not behind other bins
Top Recycling Tips
- Put the right items in your recycling bin otherwise it may not get collected
- Empty contents of items before placing them in the bin, no need to rinse
- No soft plastics - items that scrunch easily into a ball and don't hold their shape (e.g. chip packets, plastic bags and cling wrap) are considered as a soft plastic and do not go in the recycling bin. Soft plastics go in the garbage bin or can be recycled at a local supermarket through Redcycle.
- Flatten boxes and squash bulky containers down to save space
- Minimise glass breakage where possible.