Sick, Injured or Abused Wildlife

Helping Sick or Injured Wildlife

If you find a sick or injured native animal, local veterinary clinics, local animal shelters and wildlife services can assist. Also:

Wildlife carers are trained to help injured native animals. While Council’s Community Laws team does play a role with responding to safety concerns in our parks and reserves, however, it is best to call Wildlife Victoria on 8400 7300 to alert a local carer. Council is not responsible for the management of wildlife in the municipality and is unable to provide a wildlife rescue service.

Wildlife being Abused

To report people harassing, harming or disturbing native animals call the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action on 136 186 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.