All of Council’s recycling is processed by Visy and our recycling services remain fully operational.
Now more than ever we call on all of our community to avoid waste wherever possible and recycle the right way as much as they can.
Top Tips for Recycling in Whitehorse:
- Lids and labels can be left on bottles and containers
- No need to rinse food jars or containers – just ensure they are free of food
- Soiled pizza boxes can still be recycled – just ensure all food contents is removed
- Soft plastics like shopping bags and food wrappers don’t go in the kerbside recycling. Take them to participating supermarket collection points
- Don’t put recyclables in plastic bags.
For more information visit the recycling page.