A Construction Worker Parking Permit allows for construction workers or tradespeople working on smaller construction projects of between one and twelve weeks duration to park their vehicles on-street in areas where parking restrictions apply, for example, timed or metered parking.
Number of Construction Worker Parking Permits Available
A maximum of four (4) Construction Workers Parking Permits may be issued to a construction site and each permit is specifically associated with a construction site.
No additional permits may be requested.
Who can apply for Construction Worker Parking Permits
Construction Workers Parking Permits are available for construction workers working on a construction site for a minimum of one (1) week and a maximum of twelve (12) weeks.
Where a Construction Worker Parking Permit can be used
Construction Workers Parking Permits can be used in residential and non-residential areas that:
- Have parking restrictions allowing parking equal to or greater than half an hour parking
- Are within a ‘Permit Zone’ parking restriction
- Are within 50m of the construction site.
Where a Construction Worker Parking Permit can NOT be used
Note: The issue of a Construction Worker Parking Permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space.
Construction Parking Parking Permits do NOT allow the holder to park:
- Further than 50m from the construction site
- Areas marked as no parking or no stopping areas including clearways during clearway restriction times.
- Permit restricted parking areas such as disabled persons’ parking areas, bus stops, taxi ranks, loading zones and construction zones
- Parking restriction areas of two minutes or less
- Prohibited areas such as across driveways, on centre reservations, nature strips and footways
- In front of commercial, industrial or mixed-use areas
When a Construction Working Parking Permit can be used
- Permits are issued for a minimum of one (1) week and a maximum of twelve (12) weeks.
- Permits cannot be used after the expiry date.
Note: The use of available parking spaces in the permit area may be suspended by members of the Victoria Police or by authorised Council Officers
Construction Worker Parking Permits may be displayed in in vehicles that do not exceed 7.5 metres in length or 4.5 tonnes in gross weight.
Construction Worker Parking permits can NOT be used in relation to motor homes, caravans, boats, earth-moving machinery or equipment.
Construction Worker Parking Permit Conditions of Use
Permit conditions of use are listed on the permit application form. Penalties may apply if the conditions are breached.
Construction Worker Parking Permit Cost
The permit fee varies depending upon the number of permits applied for and the type of on-street restriction that applies along the construction sites frontage. Details are specified on the application form ( DOCX 123.13KB).
Note: Payment must be made at the time of lodgement. If the application is unsuccessful, the payment will be refunded in full.
Applying for a Construction Worker Parking Permit
Replacing a Lost, Damaged or Stolen Construction Worker Parking Permit
For projects that require parking for construction vehicles engaged in construction work in or near a site for at least a twelve (12) week period, consider applying for a ‘Works Zone’ parking restriction ( PDF 1.15MB). A permit fee and establishment costs are applicable. For more information, visit Roads, Footpaths and Vehicle Crossings page.