You cannot stop or leave a vehicle parked if the Road Safety Road Rules Victoria (2017) do not allow it.
The most common illegal parking situations in the City of Whitehorse are:
- Parking for longer than the time allowed on the parking sign.
- Parking in a permit zone where the correct permit is not displayed or no permit is visible.
- Being double parked.
- Parking in a school crossing zone (No stopping zone).
- Parking too close to an intersection or pedestrian crossing.
- Parking across a lane or private driveway.
- Leaving less than 3 metres of road clear for traffic.
- Parking on the wrong side of the road (facing opposite the direction of travel).
- Parking on a footpath, naturestrip or reservation.
- Parking in a no stopping zone.
- Parking in a clearway, bus or transit lane.
- Parking opposite continuous white lines.
To find out more about how to park legally, visit the VicRoads website.