Early Education and Care services (including child care, kindergarten and family day care) will remain closed except to children:
- In a two parent/carer family or a one parent/carer family where one parent is an authorised worker (working onsite or from home) and there is no appropriate alternative care available in the home. If there is another adult in the household, authorised workers can still access onsite child care or kindergarten if the other adult is not able to supervise the child/ren (including due to work or personal circumstances such as illness or disability.)
- Of a single parent/carer who is working regardless of whether they are an authorised worker, if they cannot be supervised at home.
- Who are vulnerable and / or have a disability.
For more information visit COVIDSafe settings in early childhood education and care services.
For more information on COVID-19 restrictions, visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Whitehorse Early Learning Services — WELS — has three Early Childhood Education and Care Centres offering Long Day Care and Funded Kindergarten.
We are proud of the commitment our staff have to providing high quality education and care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Their professionalism in rapidly changing circumstances is deeply appreciated.
We offer full time and part time care for children aged 6 weeks until they start school. We are located in Blackburn, Mitcham and Vermont South. The facilities range in size and capacity, with indoor spaces that transition seamlessly into natural outdoor play spaces.
The funded four-year-old kindergarten programs are delivered by qualified and passionate Early Childhood Teachers. The educational programs support children to develop and foster skills that enable them to become confident lifelong learners.
Early Start Kindergarten Grant gives eligible children 15 hours of free or low-cost kindergarten a week.
WELS has a long standing reputation within the community for providing high quality education and care. The play based educational programs are guided by recognised early childhood frameworks.
Key Features of WELS Services
- Accepting of children’s cultures and our diverse community
- Inclusive of all abilities and developmental stages
- Skilled and experienced leadership teams who manage the services
- Dedicated and passionate qualified educators and teachers providing high quality service delivery
- Bilingual support for children and families with English as a second language
- Qualified cooks on site providing nutritiously balanced meals that encourage healthy eating habits
- Specialised meals to cater for identified food allergies and cultural food preferences
- Collaborative partnerships with families
- Connections with the local communities
- Established partnerships with other early childhood organisations.
- Commitment to work within government regulations, guidelines, quality standards programs and frameworks
All of the centres strictly adhere to Department of Education and Training regulatory requirements and the National Quality Framework guidelines for Kindergarten, Educational and Care Services.