Nunawading Community Hub is expected to be Council’s first 5 star Green star building and will be a place where people of all ages and backgrounds feel welcome and can come together to embrace new opportunities for learning, social interaction and getting active.
About the Nunawading Community Hub
The Hub will have a variety of spaces including: an indoor stadium, 3 dance/activity spaces with sprung floors, 3 art rooms and a variety of meeting room spaces.
The Hub will be home to the following community groups:
- Nunawading University of the 3rd Age
- Whitehorse Arts Association
- The Nunawading & District Lapidary Club
- Eastern Access Community Health (EACH)
- Meals on Wheels – City of Whitehorse
- Blackburn Vikings Basketball Club
- Whitehorse Chevaliers Fencing Club
- Thornburn Ladies’ Badminton Association
- Whitehorse Activities Club
There will also be a variety of activities run by other community organisations.
The Hub will have approximately 200 car parking spaces and will operate 7 days per week.
- All studios and meeting rooms have a large TV screen, AV technology and WiFi
- 2 x portable stages
- Easels for art activities
For more information email NCH@whitehorse.vic.gov.au
Booking Contact Responsibilities
- The booking contact person is responsible for ensuring that all patrons associated with the booking (including coaches, players, officials, spectators, parents & guardians) register their attendance when arriving on site, using the Nunawading Community Hub QR sign in system
- The booking contact person is responsible for ensuring all patrons associated with their booking follow Nunawading Community Hub protocols and those from DHHS and Victorian Government
All groups using the facility must abide by the current restrictions as outlined on the DHHS website and submit a CovidSafe Plan prior to the commencement of any activities.
Find out more information on the Nunawading Community Hub project.