Council’s vision to transform the former Nunawading Primary School site into a magnificent new community facility for the continued benefit of the Whitehorse community has been realised with completion of the new Nunawading Community Hub.
The hub will be the new vibrant heart of Nunawading; a place where everyone will feel welcome and can come together to embrace new opportunities for socialising, learning and getting active.
Find out more about the Nunawading Community Hub facilities, including bookings.
Nunawading Community Hub is open.
Access to the hub will be in line with COVID-19 restrictions.
About the Project
Council bought the Springvale Road site from the state government in mid-2015, with a commitment to retain the land for the continued enjoyment and benefit of the entire Whitehorse community. The hub is now the home of community groups and Council’s Meals on Wheels service.
- refurbished heritage school building
- multi-functional classrooms and meeting rooms
- specially-fitted out spaces for dance, art, counselling and lapidary activities
- purpose-built Meals on Wheels facility
- communal kitchen with teaching area
- multipurpose sports stadium
- target 5 Star Green Rating (incorporating solar, water reuse, natural light, low energy, natural and durable materials)
- car parking areas for 200+ vehicles
- integration with Tunstall Park – landscaping, enhancement of open green spaces, new pedestrian and cycling paths, and areas for passive recreation.