Everyone in the community is invited to observe National Sorry Day at Council’s flag-raising ceremony.
- Where: Nangnak Gardens behind the Nunawading Civic Centre
- 379-397 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading
- When: 2020 date to be confirmed
- RSVP: Please call 9262 6443
- Email: CDenquiries@whitehorse.vic.gov.au
The flag-raising ceremony is an opportunity for Council and the community to acknowledge the trauma, grief and loss caused by past Australian government policies that resulted in Indigenous children being removed from their families.
The day will include a Welcome to Country and a smoking ceremony with a Wurundjeri Elder.