Council encourages community members from all ages, backgrounds and skill levels to volunteer. It’s a wonderful way to make a contribution to our community, and volunteering also benefits those who volunteer.
Did You Know
- Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer – doctors should recommend it!
- Volunteering results in a ‘helper’s high’, a powerful physical and emotional feeling experienced when directly helping others.
- 96 per cent of volunteers say that it makes people happier
- Just a few hours of volunteer work makes a difference in happiness and mood.
Whitehorse volunteers make invaluable contributions to a large number of Council programs. To find out more information on each program and express interest in volunteering click on a program below
- Gardens for Wildlife
- Environmental Education Program
- Meals on Wheels
- Whitehorse Artspace
- Interfaith Network
- Parkland Advisory Committee
- Reconciliation and Disability Advisory Committees
- Whitehorse Youth Representative and FreeZa Committees.
Whitehorse Local Heroes
This program recognised and celebrated the outstanding, local volunteering efforts that were undertaken by individuals and groups during 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, making a positive contribution to the well-being of the Whitehorse community.
Congratulations to our Whitehorse Local Heroes.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
If you are looking for a different volunteering experience, or would like to discuss your volunteering needs in more detail, contact Eastern Volunteers. Eastern Volunteers can match you with a local community organisation in need of volunteers with your interests and skills.
To find out more about Volunteering, visit Volunteering Victoria.