Council encourages community members from all ages, backgrounds and skill levels to volunteer. It’s a wonderful way to make a contribution to our community, and volunteering also benefits those who volunteer.
Did You Know
- Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer – doctors should recommend it!
- Volunteering results in a ‘helper’s high’, a powerful physical and emotional feeling experienced when directly helping others.
- 96 per cent of volunteers say that it makes people happier
- Just a few hours of volunteer work makes a difference in happiness and mood.
Whitehorse volunteers make invaluable contributions to a large number of Council programs. To find out more information on each program and express interest in volunteering click on a program below
- Gardens for Wildlife
- Environmental Education Program
- Meals on Wheels
- Whitehorse Artspace
- Interfaith Network
- Parkland Advisory Committee ( PDF 533.83KB)
- Reconciliation and Disability Advisory Committees
- Whitehorse Youth Representative and FreeZa Committees.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
If you are looking for a different volunteering experience, or would like to discuss your volunteering needs in more detail, contact Eastern Volunteers. Eastern Volunteers can match you with a local community organisation in need of volunteers with your interests and skills.
To find out more about Volunteering, visit Volunteering Victoria.