Find out about Council's community grants.
A second round of Community Grants in 2021
Council recognises that many community organisations, clubs and groups in Whitehorse are at different stages of returning to operations following the ongoing impacts of the pandemic so in response will administer a second round of Whitehorse Community Grants in 2021.
Round 2 of the Whitehorse Community Grants will open on Monday 9 August and close at 5.00pm, Friday 27 August.
Successful applicants of round 2 will have until 30 June 2022 to expend their grant funding.
Two information sessions will be held about the progam and application process.
The grant guidelines are outlined below or you can download of the grant guidelines ( PDF 865.61KB).
To support community organisations with their application, Council will run two, free information sessions that will cover
- The funding categories available
- The essential criteria
- The timeline - from application to acquittal
- Using SmartyGrants.
Bookings are essential and can be made by clicking on the links below.
Date: Monday 9 August
Time: 6.00pm – 7.00pm
Location: The Willis Room, Whitehorse Civic Centre
379-397 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, VIC, 3131
Register: Book your ticket
IMPORTANT: this session will move to online (via Zoom) if restrictions are imposed. You will be notified by email if there are any changes.
Date: Wednesday 11 August
Time: 12.30pm – 1.30pm
Location: Online (via Zoom)
Register: Book your ticket
Need Further Assistance?
Council’s Community Grants Officer is available to assist with using SmartyGrants. If you require some support with using SmartyGrants please contact Council’s Community Grants Officer by email at email@example.com or phone 0477 320 873.
About the Whitehorse Community Grants Program
As part of the annual budget process, Whitehorse City Council allocates funding to the Community Grants Program to provide financial support to not-for-profit organisations and incorporated associations located and/or operating within the City of Whitehorse so that they can deliver programs, services, projects, initiatives and activities that:
- Align with the community priorities and strategic directions contained in the Whitehorse Council Plan and contribute to the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Identify and address emerging community needs.
- Will be delivered within and directly benefit the City of Whitehorse Community.
The Community and Council vision is for a healthy, vibrant, prosperous and sustainable community supported by strong leadership and community partnerships and is implemented though the Whitehorse Council Plan ( PDF 1.96MB) in addition to other Council Strategic Plans and policies.
The current Council Plan which guides the work of Council contains five key strategic directions. All community grant applications must align with one or more of Council’s strategic directions:
- To support a healthy, vibrant, inclusive and diverse community.
- To maintain and enhance the built environment to ensure a liveable and sustainable city.
- To protect and enhance open space and natural environments.
- To provide strategic leadership and open and accessible government.
- To support a healthy local economy.