Amendment C219 to the Whitehorse Planning Scheme introduces updated tree controls to protect existing and establishing trees and the landscape character of the municipality.
Amendment C219 replaces tree protection controls that have been in place since February 2018 for land in the Significant Landscape Overlay Schedule 9 (SLO9). Council's decision on 16 March 2020 was to adopt Amendment C219 and to request approval of the controls from the Minister for Planning.
In July 2020 the Minister for Planning approved Amendment C219 on an interim basis for 12 months while the State government completes a review of the Significant Landscape Overlay (SLO) in the Victoria Planning Provisions.
To find out if SLO9 applies to your land visit the Tree Controls, Removal, Lopping and Pruning webpage. This page also outlines if a planning permit is required and how to apply.
Download the approved SLO9 ( PDF 314.6KB) with the complete set of planning controls.
The full set of approved amendment documents and the official approval notice are available below.
- Explanatory Report ( PDF 177.67KB)
- Instruction Sheet ( PDF 4.2KB)
- Clause 21.05 – Environment ( PDF 349.83KB)
- Clause 21.06 – Housing ( PDF 1MB)
- Clause 22.03 – Residential Development ( PDF 654.54KB)
- Clause 22.04 – Tree Conservation ( PDF 311.6KB)
- Clause 42.03s9 – Schedule 9 to the Significant Landscape Overlay ( PDF 314.6KB)
- Municipal Wide Tree Study - Part 2 Additional Analysis
- Municipal Wide Tree Study - Final Options Report
- Government Gazette Notice
Any personal information you may include in any submission to Council on the Amendment is collected for planning purposes in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The public may view the submissions whilst the Amendment is being considered. In accordance with the “Improving Access to Planning Documents” Practice Note dated December 1999, a copy of your submission may be made available upon request. If you fail to provide this information your comments may not be considered. You may access this information by contacting Council on 9262 6303.