Event Permits

You will need an event permit when the event you’re running is over a certain size and involves contractors and temporary infrastructure like portable toilets, marquees, fences, food vendors and more.

If your event is going to have more than 100 attendees (including artists, staff and contractors), includes two or more food vendors, includes rides or petting zoos, includes a display of fireworks, or a fee is charged for participation, you will need to apply for a permit.

Before applying, we recommend you read the Event Permit Guide ( PDF 133.15KB) and the Event Planning Guide ( PDF 2.08MB) to understand what you will need to do to create a great event.

All events held within Council managed spaces such as parks or reserves or that affect locals roads require an event permit.
After you submit your application Council will determine the scale of your event.

The scale of the event will determine how long may take to process and approve your application – up to four weeks for smaller events and two months for large festivals. Event organisers should lodge their event permit application with Council as early in the planning stages as possible.

icon webform

Submit your online application today!

icon webform

If your event has under 100 people but you want a marquee, jumping castle, food vendor or other extra you will need to submit an application.

Apply now online by completing the Event Permit Application Form.

For more information contact the Administration and Events Officer by emailing arts@whitehorse.vic.gov.au or by calling 9262 6352.