Residential properties are entitled to two FREE collections for hard waste items and bundled branches each financial year. Bookings can be made at a time suitable to residents. Additional bookings can be made at a small fee.
If you live in a unit or apartment block of 6 or more dwellings, please get in touch with your property manager to organise your collection.
Please note this service is not available to commercial properties and businesses.
Hard Waste Size Guide
Booking a Collection
- Book a collection online or call our contractor on 9721 1915. Please note phone lines may sometimes be busy, it is recommended to book online to avoid being placed on hold
- Book by 3pm Wednesday for a possible collection the following week. During busy periods bookings may take up to two weeks
- Bookings will be confirmed by sms and/or email informing you of your collection day. To reconfirm bookings please call our contractor directly
- Confirmed bookings may receive an information pack including an orange 'BOOKED' sticker
- Neatly place items on the nature strip the weekend before the collection week (before Sunday night)
- Items should be no heavier than two people can lift and less than 1.5m in length
- Place no more than three cubic metres of items on your nature strip, excess will count as two collections
- Place the ‘BOOKED’ sticker on an item so it is clearly visible from the road
- Unaccepted items will not be collected
Items placed on the nature strip without a booking are considered as illegal dumping and may result in a fine.
What Happens to My Hard Waste?
Items may be collected by multiple trucks. To save space and keep costs to a minimum, bulky items are compacted in the trucks. Most items are recycled or reused where possible. All items are taken to the Knox Transfer Station for sorting and recycling. Items that are reusable are sold at the Recycled Goods Store. For a short video on what happens to your waste, visit our contractor's website.
Consider donating, selling or giving away items in good condition first.