Whitehorse City Council, together with consultants Ethos Urban, has prepared draft Built Form Guidelines for land in the Residential Growth Zone along key road corridors in the municipality.
The study establishes built form controls to better guide development outcomes. The controls relate to building setbacks, architecture and height, building separation, overshadowing, landscaping and pedestrian and vehicle access.
The Study Area ( PDF 183.92KB)focuses primarily on the major east-west tram and road corridors, where there is an interface between the RGZ and GRZ or NRZ to the rear or side. Specifically, this project is looking at Burwood Highway, generally between Elgar Road, Burwood and Hanover Road, Vermont South and Whitehorse Road in Mont Albert, Laburnum and Nunawading.
At its meeting on 29 January 2019 ( PDF 1.89MB) Council resolved as follows:
- Adopt the Draft Residential Corridors Built Form Study.
- Seek authorisation from the Minister for Planning under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 (Section 8a) to prepare and exhibit an amendment to the Whitehorse Planning Scheme to implement the recommendations of the Study.
- Advise all submitters to the Residential Corridors Built Form Study consultation of this resolution.
The Study can be downloaded below:
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 1.0 ( PDF 8.14MB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 2.0 & 3.0 ( PDF 326.31KB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 4.0 Part 1 ( PDF 3.63MB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 4.0 Part 2 ( PDF 13.87MB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 4.0 Part 3 ( PDF 6.05MB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 4.0 Part 4 ( PDF 6.92MB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 4.0 Part 5 ( PDF 6.81MB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 4.0 Part 6 ( PDF 456.88KB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study 5.0 ( PDF 1.38MB)
- Residential Corridors Built Form Study Appendix A & B ( PDF 600.02KB)
Next steps involve undertaking a formal planning scheme amendment to implement the adopted Guidelines. Once Council has Authorisation from the Minister to prepare and exhibit a planning scheme amendment, the proposed changes to the planning scheme will be publicly exhibited, providing a further opportunity for public comment. Affected landowners and occupiers will be notified when the amendment process commences.
For further information, contact the Strategic Planning Unit on 9262 6303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org