If you have just moved to the City of Whitehorse with your pet, have a new pet or have lived in Whitehorse with your pet for a long time, there are some important things you may not know about keeping pets in the City of Whitehorse.
As a pet owner, you are responsible for your pets including to make sure they are:
- Registered and microchipped
- Confined to your property unless they are outside your property under supervision
- Not causing a nuisance to your neighbours.
Council provides a pet-friendly environment for all residents including:
- Off-lead parks for dogs
- Lost and found pet services
- Registration and inspection of domestic animal businesses
- Assistance to residents who feel their neighbouring pets are causing a nuisance
- Management and implementation of the City of Whitehorse Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP).