The Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Reference Group (WSRRG), formerly Whitehorse Sport & Recreation Network, provides Council with advice and guidance on the future of sport and recreation development within the City of Whitehorse.
|Nominations now open for community members to join the Reference Group for a 2-year (2024 and 2025) term.|
The WSRRG provides a mechanism for Council to consult with key stakeholders from sport and recreation activity groups within the City of Whitehorse, seek specialist opinion and enable community participation in sport and recreation-related issues, initiatives, policies and strategies.
The WSRRG has played a key role in assessing nominations for the Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Awards, contributed content to the AllSports Newsletter, and has provided guidance and support to Council officers in relation to a number of plans and policies impacting sport, recreation and physical activity in Whitehorse.
Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Reference Group Objectives
- Provide a forum for sport and recreation-related issues of interest and concern for Whitehorse to be reviewed and considered prior to Council decision making processes on all aspects of the sport, recreation and leisure environment.
- Assist in the preparation or review of key sport and recreation-related strategies and policies.
- Provide input on issues impacting upon sport and recreation within the Whitehorse community.
- Monitor the progress of implementation of Council action/management plans relating to sport and recreation.
- Provide coordination, liaison and communication with other Council-appointed community groups and key external stakeholders.
- Encourage and promote sport and recreation activities across all age groups, genders and abilities.
- Provide accessibility of sport and recreation activities to residents of City of Whitehorse.
Join the Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Reference Group!
Council is seeking expressions of interest from people involved in Whitehorse sport, recreation or physical activity groups who would like to become a member of the Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Reference Group for a two-year term (2024 and 2025).
If you have any questions please contact the Active Communities Project Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close at 5pm on Friday 29 December 2023.
AllSports is Council's quarterly newsletter that goes out to sporting clubs in the City of Whitehorse. The newsletter showcases community sport and recreation in Whitehorse, gives updates on Council projects and provides links to grants and other resources for clubs. Subscribe to the newsletter today.
Past editions can be viewed here:
As this publication is quarterly, clubs are encouraged to send achievements and personal stories about players rather than competition results, to ensure that all information printed remains current. The editor has the final say on what will be included in each publication.
For more information contact the Leisure and Recreation Services Administration Officer on 9262 6371.